We believe that tourism and travel:
- creates greater understanding and acceptance of different cultures and lifestyles
- contributes to economic development in a sustainable manner
- represents a vital force for peace and friendships among the peoples of the world, and
- can provide prosperity to all communities
We strive to:
- Ensure that every community in the world has a chance to have equal representation on the WiZZ Travel Guide
- Enable people to plan any kind of trip, short or extended, by finding information easily
- Provide the opportunity for tourism and travel site webmasters and operators to work together to support each other and to create better websites for the benefit of tourists and travelers, and for the benefit of the communities they represent
- Provide information which is user friendly, comprehensive, trustworthy and up to date
The idea for the WiZZ Travel Guide came about when planning an overseas trip in 1996, taking in a number of European countries and part of the United States.
We expected to find a wealth of information on the internet to help us plan our two month trip, but we were surprised to find that although we found plenty of information for some destinations, lots of it was absolutely not useful for a number of reasons, or incomplete or unbalanced.
For other destinations, we could not find anything helpful at all.
Also, since we had not exactly planned where to go yet, searching was difficult because we did not know which place names to search for.
There had to be an easier way!
What we needed was a website with complete quality information that we could trust for every destination, and since we were not familiar with the countries we wanted to visit, we also needed to be able to just browse destinations around places we definitely were visiting, without knowing the names of these destinations.
We looked for a website just like that, but could not find it.
There was only one thing to do: create it ourselves!
If the WiZZ Travel Guide was going to be as good as we wanted it to be, it had to fulfill the following criteria:
- Every community in the world should be able to have equal representation on the WiZZ Travel Guide
- The WiZZ Travel Guide should provide an opportunity for tourism and travel site webmasters and operators to work together to support each other and to create better websites for the benefit of tourists and travelers, and for the benefit of the communities they represent
- People planning any kind of trip, short or extended, should be able to find the information they seek easily. It should be presented as user-friendly as possible, and be comprehensive and up to date
WorldWide WiZZard Pty Ltd is a company operating from Brisbane, Australia.
Visit our support desk if you want to write to us.
Australian Business Number (ABN): 51 095 701 063